Whether you're an experienced or new driver, we would like to share important tips and tricks you can use before, during and after your drive for a Smove journey!
Tip #1: Taking a car selfie
Before you unlock your Smove car, always walk around and inspect the entire vehicle. If you don't take photos of the vehicle before and after your drive, we will be unable to verify the evidence and may hold you liable for any damages found after your drive!
Key areas to check: Tyres, rims, under-skirting, and windscreen.
These are the four best angles for your car selfies. Don't forget to capture your car licence plate number in your photos!
If the room-space around the car is tight or if the light is dim, drive the vehicle out to another empty parking lot with more space and light to inspect the vehicle.
If something is amiss, take a close-up shot of the damage and report it to us so we can be alerted of the damage.
Remember these Dos!
1. Stay calm. Stop the vehicle. Leave the vehicle in the same position where the accident has occured!
2. Call our 24-hours hotline: 6423 0068 to inform us immediately and follow our instructions.
3. Check if any party is injured. If injuries are involved, call 995/999 immediately.
4. Take down all number plates of the involved vehicles, driver's particulars, and contacts of witnesses (if any).
5. Take photos of the accident scene including road signs, floor signs, and road names.
Skip these dont's!
1. Get into a heated argument with other parties involved.
2. Do not move the vehicle after the accident until photos are taken.
3. Hit-and-run is a big no, no!
4. Late reporting could incur a penalty fee of up to $500 may be imposed for each late reporting incident.