Whether you're an experienced or new driver, we would like to share important tips and tricks you can use before, during and after your drive for a Smove journey!
Tip #2: A Smove car's worst enemies
Now that you've checked your Smove car and ready to get on the road, keep a lookout for obvious and hidden dangers.
For example, mind the carpark pillars surrounding the vehicle when first driving the vehicle out, as well as turning down/up carpark ramps. Maintain a safe distance away from the pillars or walls to avoid collisions!
Don't forget to keep a lookout for objects behind the vehicle before reversing. Always practice caution by turning your head to inspect your surroundings before reversing the vehicle.
When going across humps, lower your speed and go over the hump slowly to prevent any damage to the front bumper. When turning, do not stick to the side kerb too closely or you will likely mount the kerb.
Remember these Dos!
1. Stay calm. Stop the vehicle. Leave the vehicle in the same position where the accident has occured!
2. Call our 24-hours hotline: 64230068 to inform us immediately and follow our instructions.
3. Check if any party is injured. If injuries are involved, call 995/999 immediately.
4. Take down all number plates of the involved vehicles, driver's particulars, and contacts of witnesses (if any).
5. Take photos of the accident scene including road signs, floor signs, and road names.
Skip these dont's!
1. Get into a heated argument with other parties involved.
2. Do not move the vehicle after the accident until photos are taken.
3. Hit-and-run is a big no, no!
4. Late reporting could incur a penalty fee of up to $500 may be imposed for each late reporting incident.